9 June 2016

#TalkThursday: 20 FOR 20

Hey there,
Exams are finally over and after a mini break from the blogging world, I am back and I'd like to start off by saying Happy Birthday to me! hehe..

Today I turn 20, so I thought I might as well start off this new chapter with a new post and it's Thursday so it just works. 

In my 20 years of life there are a lot of things I have had to learn, picked up along the way or been taught by others who went before me and I thought, hey why not share! I spent the last weeks trying to remember and think of lessons and morals that changed the way I do life and that I now carry with me.  
Let's get right into it then....


1 | Ask and you'll receive
When you ask God for something, and it actually happens, it's one of the strangest feelings. ei. it's peak exam season and you're asking God for peace and clarity, then when you get it you feel like you should actually be panicking because exams are hard but you're fine. That's one reason why you should be careful what you ask for because if you actually get what you want, and it's bad for you, then it won't only be strange but may be detrimental to your future.

2 | Actions and Reactions
Another lesson I've learnt in my 20 years of life is that peoples actions do not always need to determine your reaction. They don't have to affect how you feel or see yourself. Don't let actions or reactions form your standard for yourself. People's opinions change constantly and if you let the way someone reacts to you damage your mindset, you'll never be steady.

3 | What if
This was me a lot, still is sometimes but I'm learning that 'what if' can wait. I'll just choose to live out this moment right here, stay in the present and let tomorrow and what ifs arrive when they arrive.

Matthew 6:34 -"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

4 | Great expectations
Not everyone's expectations will match yours so learn to live with those differences.

5 | Write it down
Lists... Some people can just remember everything and go with the flow, but not me. If I want to be productive and get things done then lists have to be made, just as well, seen as I love organising, fresh sticky notes and new pens, ohhh the thought of new stationary puts a smile on my face. I'm most effective when I can see things in front of me.

6 | What type of learner are you?
Linking to number 5, I've learnt that I am very visual. Understanding how you process information and remember things is key. It took me a while and even though I can pick information up other ways, visual aids are the best. So having lists in front of me instead of just thinking about them is great. Taking online test like THIS one can be helpful, or just keeping track of what's easy for you to comprehend when it comes to your work or revision in my case.

7 | Cuppa' tea
I've come to the firm realisation that not everyone is going to like you and that is really okay. Some people just don't gel, some people just aren't into tea. Don't get worked up when you don't fit in with someone's ideals, there'll be people out there who like you as you are. You'll be their cup of Earl Grey and that's great.

8 | Faith
You grow the most in the difficult times in life. Your faith is stretched you get a little bit wiser, a little sharper every time you go through the 'valleys'. You probably won't feel it happening but you'll see the fruits on the flip side.

9 | 6'2
Something I picked up once I'd moved to London, I'm not that tall! Really and truly, coming to a place with so many different kinds of people, I almost felt normal, loool. Someone said that I looked about 6'2 in a picture and I am so certain that that was an over exaggeration. A little random but it's something that really stuck out to me because I've always been labelled 'tall' for most of my life.

10 | Cheerleader
Realise that you are your best cheerleader. When others aren't around to cheer you on, you may have to do it yourself.

11 | Thinking tank
I have been told that I am a thinker, some would say an over thinker and you know what, I agree.

12 | Alone time
Being alone is not always a bad thing. Picking up from some of my friends and own experiences, spending time alone with yourself, your thoughts and God is so therapeutic. It doesn't mean you're anti-social, it just means you have time to think, breath and get to know yourself a little more. Don't be scared to be in your own company!

13 | No quitting
Something I learnt from Toure Roberts is that it's okay to say you're going to give up, when you know you're not actually going to. When you have nothing to go back to and going forward is really the only option, it's okay to be tired and want to stop, as long as you don't!

14 | Adventures
Another thing I've learnt about myself is that I like a good adventure. Love being adventurous, trying new things, going to new places. Granted a lot of the time it doesn't end up being as great as expected but I'll be able to say that I did it.

15 | 'L for learner'
You have to always be open to learning. Never close yourself off thinking you know it all or you've acquired as much knowledge as you need to live out your days. There is always so much more.

16 | Failure
Failure is inevitable, in some way, shape or form, we are all going to fail at something in our lifetime but it's not the end. Failure is what makes you better, as long as you keep getting up.

17 | Stronger than you think
I'm stronger than I think. When a situation demands more of me, I feel like I have no choice but to step up. Same goes for you, you're way stronger than you think you are, it only takes the right circumstances to make you know it.

18 | Fear is fake
Fear is something that I've spoken on before, check my previous post on it HERE.
Right now, I can say I've learnt that fear isn't reality(more often than not), we fear what we may never encounter and it's all just long because it dampens other parts of your life. I'm learning to not let fear dictate how I do things or the decisions I make. Any fear based decisions are ones that I try to stay away from.

19 | Beauty and the beholder
Weather you see it or not, there is beauty in everyone.

20 | Drum roll please....
The last but by no means the least, in fact probably the most important lesson is that without God, I wouldn't be very far. In fact I'm pretty sure I know where I could have been and I am so so grateful that he loves me enough to not have let me live that life. I honestly couldn't do it without him. Adding to that, I realised that life with God can be fun, banterfull in fact (yes I just made up a word). My walk with him has also brought me some amazing life long friends so, can't complain much.

Extra one for the road: Cherish those who love you and try for you because those people are dimes in a dozen. Make sure you give it back and show some appreciation every now again. Guess you could say this is my way of showing that. Check it out and I hope it blesses you and you enjoy listening.
Poem: L.O.V.E


And that's all for now folks. A long post yes, but hopefully you got to the end and picked up something for yourself. More posts to come so stay tuned!!

Peace and Love readers.
                                                                      

x Stitched Roses x



1 comment:

  1. L.O.V.E, L.O.V.E, L.O.V.E THIS!!!
    I found out that I am an Auditory Learner (interesting lol).
    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete