22 October 2016

Skincare: Empties&review

Hi guys,
Hope you've all been doing good? 
Today I'm doing a review of some of my empty skincare products. I love skincare & I'm usually looking out for new products to get my skin glowing & healthy. 
I'm going to give a quick review of the PIXI GLOW TONIC, BOOTS BOTANICS CLEANSERS & BURS BEES EXFOLIATING BODY WASH.  

The great trio


First off, Pixi's Glow Tonic. It's had a lot of attention from beauty gurus and YouTube but was it any good?
Yes, this product was pretty good and it did make my skin look brighter but I wouldn't say it made it glow. As a toner it does do it's job, it removed excess makeup I would have missed. Let's just say it had my back when I thought I'd done enough cleansing. 
The glycolic acid did sting at first & especially if I had an open wound.
I would say that it is not the most revolutionary toner and I didn't feel/see it exfoliating my skin. If you buy this toner you should get another glycolic acid product or another type of acid infused cleanser in conjunction with the toner to really get the best results from it.


Boots have some pretty good own brand skincare and it's so affordable. They have different ranges for different of skin types. The ALL BRIGHT is for dull skin. At the time I bought it, my skin wasn't doing the weird oily thing it does now so I wanted a cheap alternative to my usual NIP & FAB stuff. It has hibiscus in it which is said to be 'nature's brightness booster' & it really did make even out my skin. It is also a great cleanser, very gentle but actually gives you a deep clean & it lasts ages. Really now that I'm thinking back, I'm  going to repurchase this product. You can't really go wrong with the Boots BOTANICS range, unless you have allergies, I'd recommend them. 


Last but not least is BURT'S BEES ' Radiance Exfoliating Body Wash'
When I was travelling, I bought this at the duty free because Burt's Bees products where just a little too pricey for something I didn't know would work for me. Now that I know, I would gladly repurchase it at standard retail price. It's a gentle exfoliator and doesn't leave your skin dry. I don't know what it is about the formula but there's something about the jojoba beads and royal jelly that I love. The texture feels strange at first but you get used to it after a while.

I hope you found this useful. Also let me know what sort of posts you want to see, especially DIY's.

Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. I'm selling some stuff on DEPOP. Follow me @stitched_rose and get shopping!

Peace and Love readers.
                                                                      

x Stitched Roses x

No comments:

Post a Comment